View Single Post
Old
09-23-2003, 04:09 AM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL
If that is the case then our abundance at the forward position should give Darcy the ammo to go get one. Throw in McKee with Timmah or Max and you may be able to land some grit on the blue line.
I suggested the following which was well-received by Oilers fans:

Connolly
Noronen
McKee

for

Comrie
Smith

For our purposes, we get rid of an extra goaltender, an unsigned defenseman and everybody's whipping boy. I don't want to get rid of Connolly, but Comrie gives us someone from the same draft year who's produced. McKee's play has fallen off the face of the earth. Noronen is the wild card.

Comrie gives us another small center. The original proposal was to deal Briere for Komisarek, but that fell through. At least until Komisarek struggles with the big club, and then everyone will want him dealt. Jim Bob came up with a good suggestion to simply flip Comrie for another defenseman. But Jason Smith addresses several weaknesses: i) we get leadership, ii) a RD defenseman, iii) grit.

Perhaps Comrie could be flipped for Boynton? Problem is the Bruins have lots of forwards already. If so, then:

Zhitnik/Boynton
Kalinin/Smith
Tallinder/Delmore

We still have a glut, because Campbell can certainly play. Fitzpatrick and Patrick you have for depth.