Old
12-17-2009, 10:23 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...y9jIxBfC7JNMFM

If Sather refuses to waive either Redden or Rozsival, Torts should make them a healthy scratch until the Rangers waive one of them. Play Bobby Sanguinetti.

Redden always loses loose puck battles. Whether its in front of the net such as the Toews goal last week in Chicago or the numerous times he steps up the neutral zone/loses the puck at the point and the puck somehow ends up behind him with the opposing team going in on a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2.

Torts should strip Drury of the C. Tom Renney named Drury the captain. Brent Sutter stripped Patrik Elias of the C and gave it to Jamie Langenbrunner. Elias accepted it and moved on. Sutter wanted his own captain. Drury is a big boy. Suck it up,shut up and move on. Relieve Drury the "burden" of being the captain.

Some people made money with Madoff.

The question is: who do you showcase? If you want to pull off a miracle and trade/waive Rosie or Drury or Redden, the chances arent enhanced if they're benched or getting small minutes. On the other hand, the rookies/prospects might get devalued if they are playing only 7 or 12 mins a game and in non-crucial situations.

That's my beef with sather -- he needs to learn how to sell high. He waited too long to trade Montoya, Korpedo, Prucha etc and ended up getting squat in return.

In my opinion, Sanguinetti's stock could possibly plummet if he doesnt play for a struggling team. If Sather has no intention or is incapable of getting rid of rosie and redden, and is high on Gilroy, he needs to trade Sangs ASAP while his ceiling is still moderately high.

I know it's a tough pill to swallow for some, as I think sangs has a decent future. But I dont think he cracks this lineup as a regular, even as bad as they are.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote