View Single Post
Old
09-23-2003, 05:10 AM
NYVanfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
I agree the deal won't work since it's highly unrealistic but to say the Nucks lack defensive depth is news to me. IMO they have the MOST depth on defense, having capable NHL calibre defensemen such as Slegr, Grenier, Allen, etc.. as healthy scratches. Though if you mean top end/top 4 defensemen, then I see your point.

Also, Redden and Jovo might be wonderful and upcoming Norris candidates, but it doesn't make them elite by any means. There are only 5 elite defensemen in the game, being Lidstrom, MacInnis, Pronger, Leetch and Scott Stevens. Both Redden and Jovo are no where near that group and not make my top 10 either..
I agree with you on all points except you definition of elite defensemen.

Pronger didn't play last year, Leetch hasnt been the same since 1994 ....no Blake, Niedermeyer? how bout Gonchar, who regularly leads Dmen in scoring? The main theme in your list seems to be old guys ....so how about Chelios & Hatcher?

It may be your opinion that Jovo & Redden are not elite defencemen, but I'd wager there are about 30 GMs out there who'd disagree with you....