View Single Post
Old
09-23-2003, 05:21 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crack_puck
Lundmark is NOT a perimeter player. Perhaps he was a bit tenative in his first couple seasons at the NHL level, but Jamie was a nightmare around the net in Jrs.

Also, at this point he and Carter are about the same size. Carter has never had the size to be a real power forward and his injuries reflect that.

There is also this myth that Lindros needs to play with big wingers. Have you all forgotten how great he was with Mike York and Theo Fleury? He and York played great together, they were the best line in the NHL for a good chunk of the season.

York is also great around the net and he's 5-10/185, smaller than Lundmark by a good margin. For those of you who didn't see Jaime in Vermont, trust me when I say he's gotten quite big and strong, and his speed he not been effected. He's also no defensive chump.

All I'm saying is don't count it out before we see it. Carter has done nothing to warrent top line duty at this point.
I'll take your word on Lundmark, but to date he has not shown the tenacity of either York or Fleury.