View Single Post
Old
12-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

vCash: 500
Torts: "Attitude stinks around here"

Quote:
Today, the coach blasted the “entitlement” that surrounded the team.

“There’s gonna be no entitlement around here,” Tortorella said. “And I think that’s what kind of stinks… around here.”

He put just about everyone on notice, especially “underachieving veterans.”

“To me it just doesn’t matter how long you’ve played, how much money you make, what draft pick you were,” Tortorella said after a short practice. “We need to shift a little bit and we’re going to.”

"...To me this isn’t a kicking, this is just an assessment of play… but we’re gonna make decisions on our lineup based on how person is playing, not on who he is, who he thinks he is, how much he makes and all that garbage.”
Original link: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/ranger...tgG7HyMD7ZtyjL

I didn't see this posted previously so I apologize if this was already discussed.

For all of you who have been blasting Torts about his double standard on accountability, perhaps you spoke too soon? Seems like he's had it with some of the slackers on the team, and it doesn't quite sound like the same old Torts rhetoric.

The article also mentions how he and Sather had been "talking" about the issue. Worthwhile read if you are angry about the lack of accountability with the older guys or just like hearing Torts mad.

Thoughts?

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote