Thread: Larry Brooks: Torts: "Attitude stinks around here"
View Single Post
Old
12-19-2009, 11:30 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Well you're the head coach right? You don't actually play the game on the ice but you do decide who gets that icetime and I think he can be held accountable for this....

I do think he can be held somewhat accountable for players NOT driving the net and NOT sending clear messages not to F with Lundqvist or Gabby or whoever.

If Lundqvist gets run and the D man is just standing there with his thumb up his ass like "I dont see a problem here" Maybe, Torts should sit that guy after he berates him in front of the team for not defending his teammate.

This team has some good pieces, but they play soft. They didnt play soft in the 2nd Islander game. So they know HOW to add that grit into the equation, but how do they get them to just BE THAT KIND OF TEAM. By default.

A lot of young guys on this team. They need to be mentored properly.

Rosi and Redden are essentially the mentors for the rest of our incredibly young D corps...

You know what I'm saying? This is where the coach really DOES need to be accountable of his players and how they learn from each other and get better, or... worse for the experience