What are our 5 most valuable assets?
View Single Post
09-23-2003, 06:10 AM
Join Date: Mar 2002
1) Markov - He's overcome any problems he had adapting to North America. Even when repeatadley sent to the farm he didn't moan or sulk, just improved and played well enough to be recalled. His contract is very good, in both amount and length, which allows him to resigned shortly after the new CBA.
2) Koivu - Our captain and best offensive threat. His injuries keep him from no.1, but his will to go into the corners plus his brilliant passing are a huge asset to the team.
3) Theodore. I'm not a huge Theo fan, but his ability to steal games and the fact he's the only Hab for a long while to win the Hart puts him on 3rd. He has a big contract, but if he plays as he can he's more than worth it. He seems well suited to dealing with the pressures of being a Quebecois no.1 goalie on the Habs.
4) Zednick. I remember when Zoltok was our major goal-scoring, so I really value Zednik. Yeah he shoots a lot, but his game is based on scoring. He's explosive, clutch (remember the play-offs vs Boston) and keeps himself in excellent shape.
5) Komisarek - because he's our number 1 prospect and a big defenceman. He's played some in the NHL and he'd probably be the first prospect asked for in trade talks.
Honourable mention: Bulis - He's solid, can play on any line and has some offensive potential.
View Public Profile
Visit GB's homepage!
Find More Posts by GB