View Single Post
Old
09-23-2003, 06:16 AM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I think we have plenty of forwards. I mean the Smyth in the middle experiment is looking like it will last long and longer. Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky would be a GREAT top line IMO. With Dvorak, York, Chimera, Horcoff, Rita, Moreau, Reasoner, and Pisnai around to make up the second and third lines (Torres/Laraque/ and one of the above who isn't in the top six will be the fourth line) is VERY VERY solid. We haven't had this kind of good depth for a LONG LONG LONG LONG time! My lines:
Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky
Horcoff/Chimera-York-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-Rita
Torres-Horcoff/Chimera/Stoll-Laraque

To me those lines are REALLY solid - much more so then out defense. If we could get another good young Dman to go with Brewer and Semenov as a future top 3 I think our teams needs would be fairly satisfied.
Totally agree that these lines do look good...In the Edmonton Journal, I just read that Lowe said that they are not trying to make smyth a centerman...That could mean alot of things...One of the things it tells me is that A) Comrie will sign and assume his spot at center or B) the Oilers will trade Comrie for a centerman...

My biggest concern with Smyth is faceoffs...Yeah, he'll taking alot of draws in practice, but it boils down to the fact that during the season, he'll taking draws against veteran centermen who have been at center for ever...

We'll see I guess...