View Single Post
Old
09-23-2003, 08:46 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck Highlander
Is it me or am I the only person who thinks Colorado wouldn't even hesitate to land Cujo. As far as I know there Salary is still less than it was last year. And the Only real question mark in Colorado is Goaltending. Picking up Cujo off Waivers accomplishes 2 things gives them a solid #1 goalie without having to give up an asset, and #2 Detroit also doesn't get any assets for Cujo. Sure Detroit might have to eat salary but they would probably get a decent player in return. Rumors are a 3 way deal with wash, Det, and Col. and this rumour has been hashed around on here to death, But Realisticlly Det would get Jagr or Lang if this deal went down. and Colorado would likely lose Tanguay, or Skoula and another player. Why wouldn't Colorado pick up Cujo for 1.5 mil more than Kolzig that way they would get to keep Tanguay, and Detroit wouldn't get JAgr or Lang. Not to mention the motivational factor that Cujo would have to beat Detroit in a playoff series. I am sure Cujo would allow Colorado to put a buyuout clause in his contract for the end of the year. I just can't see Colorado passing on Cujo.
The problem is Cujo has $8 million this year AND $8 million next year left on his contract. That's a lot of money for any team heading into uncertainty with the CBA. I don't think there are many teams that want to 'help out' the detroit red wings by picking him up...especially the Avs.