Thread: Speculation: Ray Whitney
View Single Post
Old
12-21-2009, 09:58 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Yes our 6.5M a year player is not really scoring goals so lets trade Carter. Carter you lazy 24 year old mother****er.. We will trade your ass.
Last I checked he had 72 points in his first year with absolute slop for wingers....He is an 80 point player when healthy, and when the supporting cast around him is performing. We can debate for hours whether he is worth his cap hit or not, but he is the least of the problems with this teams performance on the ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
The problem started three years ago, when, after the worst year, they rebounded. Homer got caught thinking they were only a piece away from the Cup. So he mortgaged a lot for Pronger. A lot of us thought the return would be worth the cost, but Pronger stinks. Again tonight, on Weiss' goal, he's standing in front, on the PK, not bothering to check anyone. Game after game they are scoring right in front of him. Is he playing to get Laviolette fired?

I'm impressed with the Panthers. They've stuck with guys like Weiss and Horton and built a great team around them.

When Keith Ballard and Brian McCabe are way better than Pronger and Timonen, you are in trouble.
I very rarely agree with you, but I have to here, most of it anyway....I dont think Pronger is as bad as you say.....Everyone looks like crap right now so I hesitate to pick on individual players.

As far as being patient with young players, I agree completely. We should have been doing that for the past few years but we kept moving young guys for the quick fix and look where it has gotten us

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote