View Single Post
Old
12-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
It's ****ing criminal that our ****ing backup ****ing goalie has stepped up and done every ****ing thing asked of him and the team in front of him can't be ****ing bothered to give a rat's ****ing ass and do a god damn thing right. Most teams with their starter out for a long period of time would kill to have a guy like Boucher putting up the numbers that he's put up. Sure, he's only at a .902 right now but how many goals were due to horrid defensive positioning, 9 minute PPs, and lackluster backchecking?
Emery suffered through that 9 minute power play, just sayin'. Obviously Boucher has had his fair share of penalties to kill.

Also, I don't think anyone on the defense has been playing that poorly in front of Boucher. Coburn's brief bout with retardation has mostly subsided and he looks like a competent second pairing d-man lately; Parent is playing better than at the start of the year; and Carle and Bartulis have been pleasant surprises. They give up some chances, but every defense gives up some chances (it's the NHL, guys are gonna get some looks at the net). On the whole the defense has been alright, particularly when you look at how little pressure they're getting off the back check at times. A hard back check makes life so much easier on your D, and the Flyers D aren't always getting that pressure from behind forcing players into them.

I also would be interested to look at the time-on-attack stats for our opposition during the slump. With the forwards group playing how they have been I would bet that it favors our opponents by a lot. If that's the case then it speaks well of our defense (and to some extent shot blocking) that we're bottom 5 in the league in total shots against, despite other teams getting to spend more time in our zone.

I have been watching the games with less of an eye to detail as of late (for the sake of my own sanity), but that has been my impression of things.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote