View Single Post
Old
12-22-2009, 05:43 PM
captainpaxil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenAF View Post
Chemistry (or lack thereof) is one of the greatest contributors to team success. Unfortunately, it's also one of the hardest factors to predict.

With Upshall, Phoenix is now 22-13-2, whereas they were 16-14-5 at this point last season. Playing on the top line, Upshall leads Phoenix in goals, game-winning goals, shooting %, and even strength points. Last year, Phoenix lost many of its close games; this year, they are winning them.

Coincidental or not, the Capitals are seeing much more secondary scoring with Knuble in the lineup; they have 10 players with 6+ goals and six players with 9+ goals. Knuble's screens are directly responsible for a number of those goals; above average shots from second liners that were seen and blocked last year are going in because the goalie doesn't see them coming. Knuble has also provided veteran leadership in the locker room and is usually the first person interviewed after a win or loss.
i think knowing who your players are and how they think and interact is as much a part of being the gm as knowing what thier skills sets are. i honestly believe the dismantling of the core group cut the heart out of the team. skill wise legein and maroon should hopefully be able to fill the holes losing those guys created but its the pyschological effect of selling them the flyers family rhetoric and then treating them like theyre replaceable that i think has them screwed up

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote