View Single Post
Old
12-22-2009, 06:59 PM
oxcamel

vCash: 500
I really thought Davidge would be good on the TV as I liked him a lot when I listened to him on the radio and enjoyed the pregame spots last year (esp when he and Gare did the coaching spots). I really thought he would put Rimer on notice when he messes up calling the game (ie Calling CBJ the Panthers or spending 10 games calling Russell Trevor Litowski after he changed numbers). He is good when breaking down the game but he has lost something on TV when you are actually get to see what he is describing. Sometimes I wonder what game he is watching. Last night, he referenced a 'Tape to Tape' pass that was too far in front of Hejda (I believe) and he played it off the boards. Maybe he was just letting the puck do the work. Another good example was the Vermette deflection a few games ago that they swore Raffi scored on when it was obvious from overhead view he never came close to redirecting the puck. Sometimes it seems he doesn't want to be wrong even in the face of evidence to the contrary.

oxcamel is offline   Reply With Quote