View Single Post
Old
12-23-2009, 12:08 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'm not sure how you can put up the same numbers you always have while looking worse than you have on any other roster.

How is Torts is worse off with Gaborik/Kotalik/Prospal/MDZ/Gilroy than Renney was with Zherdev/Gomez/Naslund/Mara/Kalinin?
Wasn't just talking about last year. i was talking about all 4 Renney teams. his first 3 years he had more to work with than Torts does.

last year... not so much.

Although defensively Mara and kalinin are much better than MDZ/gilroy. Offensively its the oppossite. And mara had some grit to his game.

And Gomez/Nazzy is about equal to Kots (who is worthless) and Prospal. Gaborik obviously is miles ahead of Zherdev and anybody else.

Quote:
So Renney was able to get more out of Drury than Tortorella can? All that proves is Renney was able to maximize the production of an average forward, while Torts has failed to do so.

I get it, the guy is a year older than he was last season, but give me a break. A good coach doesn't take a PP producer like Drury off the freaking PP and wonder why he isn't scoring goals.
No what I am saying is that now Drury's body and age is catching up to him and his body is physically breaking down. That's not Torts' fault. I don't think any coach could get much more out of Drury. I really feel like Drury's career is basically over, and he is nothing more than a mediocre 3rd liner.

Quote:
Getting yourself suspended from a potential series clincher? Blowing a 3-1 series lead? That's not being out coached?
We in no way were a superior team. Many people thought we would be eliminated in 5 games. We were lucky to get to 7 games. Renney would not have faired any better at all and I don't know if he would have gotten us to 7 games.

Getting suspended was ********, and was an awful awful move by him. And he definately hurt the team.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote