View Single Post
Old
12-23-2009, 01:19 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I seem to remember Dan Girardi, Marc Staal, Ryan Callahan, Brandon Dubinsky, Lauri Korpikoski, Fedor Tyutin and, oh, Henrik Lundqvist breaking into the lineup under Tom Renney, playing hige roles and developing into very good players.
Tyutin's best year was his first year w/o Renney. It could be just coincidence though as he didn't have to play with Girardi (who I still think is the most overrated player on the Rangers for every season except when he first came to the league).

Korps he benched for no reason.

he did do a good job for Cally and Dubi and Staal.

I will not give him any credit for Henrik. henrik was already a great goalie (ridiculous in swedish leagues), and truthfully his success goes to Allaire. Just like I wouldn't give torts credit for a goalie.

Quote:
His inability to make changes in game? I think with some of the performances we've seen from this team this season, one could VERY easily make the same criticism of John Tortorella. Torts has been far from a tactical mastermind in altering his game plans this season.
never said torts was a mastermind. I think that he does make some very questionable moves as well.

Quote:
Renney overplayed the fourth line? I've been making the point that Torts under-plays entire lines and pairings during the course of the game, for seemingly no reason at times. Especially the rookies...which was one of your criticisms of Renney, right?
Torts does overplay some lines too much. Especially when our 4th line really isn't that bad. a 4th line of HBO shouldn't get more than 5 min. they sometimes got 10. That is horrible.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote