View Single Post
Old
12-23-2009, 04:50 PM
FlyersRKings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
I agree with that, except that from System can grow Success, and from Success can grow Motivation.

Whatever the case, it certainly wasn't Motivation a month ago. A month ago, it was the Players being held back by the System.

Disarray in their own end? System.

Messy breakouts? System.

Dearth of scoring opportunities? System.

Now it's motivation or heart or effort or conditioning - anything, ANYTHING, but System.

I see your point. The main issue I have is that Stevens changed so little from game to game....how many games did we have to sit and watch Timonen and Coburn play together ineptly? How many times was the only change some line shuffling, and even then not on the back end? Every game we were trying the same poorly executed routine, that the players were just not responding to, and it was frustrating to see that there was apparently nothing left in Steven's sack of tricks.

My view is that this slump started with a failed system and now that the magic pill, a new coach, hasn't got results with his new system IMMEDIATELY, we have a motivation problem. I would like to see how Laviolette's system works with a team that is willing to execute it correctly and actually work AT making it work.

FlyersRKings is offline   Reply With Quote