View Single Post
Old
12-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Like Ola kind of alluded to, the only way we'll win is if the opposing team(s) choke big time or are riddled with injuries
It happends more often then one might think.

Not that like all 4-5 contenders choke maybe, but there is a ton of examples of extremely good looking teams crashing hard.

A scenario as a example. Pitts plays Philly in the 1st round. Malkin gets injured before the PO's starts. Tough series and Flyers wins. Suddenly there would only be one team in the conference that I would say that we wouldn't have even a remote shot against. Lets say that they play Boston in the 1st round, Caps goaltender situation gets all messed up and Boston wins. All of a sudden the east is wide open.

Florida in 95', Carolina's first final and Caps final against Detroit is examples of teams not much better then we are right now making it to the SCF's. Buffalo came darn close when riding Hasek.

And Carolina won the 2nd time -- was they better then us? A cup winner always looks great. But they would never have won against Buffalo if Buff didn't have 5 injurys on the blueline at the same time. Would anyone have hailed that team if they would have lost in the 2nd round? Nope.

Now don't get me wrong, I am hardly high on this team. I've always been a firm believer that we will fight for a PO spot this season -- and that it would/will be tough to get one. But as long as a team believes in themselfs they've always got a shot.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote