View Single Post
Old
12-25-2009, 07:18 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Has Arrived View Post
Too many pessimists on this board. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Someone gave the example of the Oilers in 06. I feel like our team has more talent than that Oilers team did and look what happened. Of course, they didn't win it all, but they came really freakin' close.

I'm not saying we have the best team in the NHL or that we are going to win the Cup...obviously, there are many teams out there that are better than us. BUT, to say that we have absolutely no shot at it is ridiculous.
Bruins fan here,

I watched the entire Oilers' playoff run, and I've watched a bit of Rangers hockey this year...

I wholeheartedly disagree with your statement. The Oilers are consistently a very talented team. They're sort of like the Canadiens in the sense they play a speed game, and their "system" is based around offense (this is the first year in a long time where the Habs are arguably not a speed-based, offensive team since Jacques Martin is coaching)...in the PO's, a lot of people look to believe in "tough" teams like the Flyers (or so we all thought ), but every now and then, big time skill teams like the 06 Oilers find major success.

Aside from Gaborik and Lundqvist, the talent level of this year's Rangers isn't anywhere close to the 06 Oilers.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote