Thread: Vanek Curve
View Single Post
Old
12-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Nigelbilt
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
The way a curve is determined is by measuring the length of the blade and breaking into thirds. If the curve starts in the first 3rd, then its a heel, second 3rd, then its a mid, last 3rd, then a toe.

Even though it doesnt matter, what happened between HF and myself, happened over two threads. The first was the glove one when i used the term "frenchy" and he found it offensive. Fair enough except for the fact that he feels he can use the same term because his grandfathers grandfather once may or mat not have eaten a croissant at some point. So i called him on it then he called me a troll and i brought up the (what i like to call) HF hat trick (his FANTASTIC slapper, how FANTASTIC Harrow is and how FANTASTIC the guy that he knows is who may or may not have anything to do with the Maineiacs). Then in the next thread about Slappers he recommended and very deep mid curve as THE ideal slapper pattern which i felt i had to comment on becuase thats pretty dumb. Then i made a comment i probably shouldnt have saying that he would soon make a post about how it was infact the ideal slapper pattern and give some outrageous story to back it up. Sure enough, like 2 or 3 posts later he told a story about breaking like the 48th pane of glass of the season or some such (obviously exagerrating). The i made another comment i probably shouldnt have like "see told ya" or some such. Now the mods feel it is better if we cant see each others post (which we obviously still can) . I have only "talked" to him in Rink section, and i guess i just got sick of reading some of his comments that just make you say.....what? For people who say they have played for that long and then see some of the "advice" they are giving people here, some times you just got to call shenanigans.

Anyways, like i said, if it works for you that is great. Thats what it is all about and maybe some people will go out and try this pattern and have success. That would be great too. I just dont want them thinking it is a mid when it is a heel. Im sure you know how easy it is to get lost in pattern grind.

Nigelbilt is offline   Reply With Quote