View Single Post
12-26-2009, 10:37 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I'm trying to remember back 20+ years or so ago ... I was 220lbs at 18 years old and by the time I was 23 I grew another inch and a half and gained 15 lbs of muscle.

There truly was a big strength difference for me around then as well and I would often hurt people by accident playing hockey and had to adjust to that in friendly games. I literally did not know my own strength, often I would shove someone into the boards trying to get a puck in the corner and end up with a "whoops" look on my face and apologizing.

Now I weigh 240-245lbs depending on how big a dump I take in the morning .... still in decent shape after 40 and still playing hockey.

Tizz a good life we have, live it playing hockey as long as possible. I am starting to see fewer and fewer people my age playing hockey still. I'll play until I absolutely cannot any longer.
(ps: i was playing open hockey not too long ago with a 71 year old. he couldn't skate or shoot for squat but he passed, he never fell over and we gave him time and space. every other guy there was 35+, i'm 23, and they all hoped one day they could be playing at 71)

wearethegreek is offline   Reply With Quote