View Single Post
Old
12-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Chimp

vCash: 500
And you especially don't start your backup when the starter is a big reason why we are winning these games. I don't think we've played as well as some others believe. The intensity is there, but we still allow way too many shots and chances to look comfortable with a backup in net.

It's not as terrible as before, the number of quality scoring chances allowed have thankfully declined, but not the shot count. We implode for a period each game and Hank has saved us every time now for about 10 games. I'm not sure it's such a good idea to throw Johnson into the furnace just yet.

But I agree with sitting Johnson on the bench isn't a good situation either, he needs to play, even if just being the backup in NHL for a stretch might be educational, as long as that stretch isn't too long. Waiving Valiquette was a terrible idea, it was not his fault the team was in total meltdown mode in front of him.

Sure, Valiquette struggled, but so did Hank. Any goalie would've had a hard time keeping their composture in front of the kindergarden we witnessed. Blaming the struggles we've had on the goalies is ridiculous.

Hank is playing great now, because the team is performing at least well enough defensively so that he feels he can do his job.

Last edited by Chimp: 12-26-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote