View Single Post
Old
12-27-2009, 05:39 AM
HoosierDaddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
That's tough. Without Girardi I dont know if this team makes the playoffs... Not because Girardi is so good but because we would be short on quality NHL D-men. And with Filatov gone till at least next season it's not something I want to explore.

Sangs, Girardi for Filatov + (1st or 2nd).. im not sure what's fair. Then call up Potter.

Or, Instead of calling up potter we can then trade that 1st or 2nd for a servicable D-man from a team looking for the T. Hall Sweepstakes!
I think that if we were to consider a Sangs/Gerardi offer we'd want back a body to lay D. Like you said, Filatov and a pick won't help us until next year, if we're lucky. But it's not like we're going anywhere this year. But the trade you proposed seems unbalanced to me, don't know why. Perhaps because the BJ's are throwing in a pick. To be honest, I think a 1st is a non-starter.

I just feel than Sanguinetti is not enough for a potential 1st line forward. We'd have to throw something more in the mix. With DZ's rapid development we can afford to move a player where the pool is deep; Defense.

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote