View Single Post
Old
12-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis sports fan View Post
I was able to see Sweden's first 2 games. I have no idea what Jarmo and the other scouts saw in Rundblad as a high first round pick. His only worth to a team is with the puck. He is not very good defensively, and Sweden put him infront of the net on the powerplay and he literally just stood there. He never tried to deflect a shot or anything. He just seems to float around the ice doing nothing. After watching the US team play, im impressed with Chris Kreider, who went 2 spots after Rundblad. He's got so much speed and plays alot like Ryan Kessler. I know they were probably trying to go for a homerun pick, but I'm not counting on Rundblad ever being anything more than a depth guy at the best. Warsofsky plays alot like a poor man's Steve Duchesne. He relies alot defensively on his active stick as hes not very big. He created the USA's 3rd goal with a great burst of speed up the left side. He moves the puck pretty well, but hasnt been able to get his shot through to the net much from the point. Philip McRae has played mostly on the 3rd or 4th line and 2nd pk an pp units. Hes got patience with the puck and seems to have good vision and ability to shield the puck. He's going to need some time to develop.
Definitely! And yet there are several St. Louis Blues' forum posters penciling him into The Blues' NHL roster for next season. He likely won't even be on the top line in Peoria next season.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote