View Single Post
Old
12-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
heres my take

redden has little value around the league and with that contract hes unmoveable. hes going no where and we arent waiving him.

drury is our capt. and although his results are so-so, he does have some value. hes got that ntc so again going no where.

leaving mike blowzsy. his contract, although bad, isnt as bad as the two above. hes the most moveable and the least essential to this team. i mean, what does blowzsitall do the best. i mean, whats he good at.... nothing. and pretty much every dman we have now is atleast as good as or better than blowzy.

looks like mike is the one to go. move him at the deadline for a pick or a prospect. pure salary dump. and for the record, i fully expect hell go to a contender and put up points.
You can say that about Roszival, you can even believe it. But, before you talk about dumping his contract, remember that he has averaged 20 minutes a game this season (and is averaging more in the last month). Those minutes have to be replaced if he's traded and we've all seen how difficult it can be to have two rookies learning how to play defense during the season.

Bottom line: if the Rangers are not completely out of a playoff spot come the trade deadline, Roszival is going nowhere. He may be moved over the summer, but knowing Sather it will not be a pure salary dump, he will expect something back.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote