View Single Post
Old
12-28-2009, 01:53 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Very good effort to come back and get it tied back up.

But, give up 4 goals in the third period? We didn't deserve to win.

It was a better effort early in the first and second periods. We played good for the first 5 mintues, then Chicago scored and took over. It almost looked as if we were playing not to lose while up 2-1, or at least once we tied it, let's just get to OT. There was no excuse for Saturday's game, I don't understand how they came out so flat with no emotion at home. We had to at least split, this was the worst that could happen this weekend.

On Kane's GW goal, he was left standing ALL ALONE next to the net. FOUR Predators followed a Hawk to the other side and by the time they realized Kane was there it was too late. Ellis or Hamhuis saved the first shot, but then a Hawk got to the rebound, instead of the 2-3 Preds there, and it went back to a still wide open Kane and he picked the corner, again.

On Chicago's PPG, was that guy not in the crease? On the replay it looked like his skates were in the crease and he was making some kind of contact with Ellis. But, still it would help if someone would clear the guys out from in front of our goalies.

I don't understand how one of the least penalized team has all of a sudden started having 5-7 penalties a game while only generating 3 or less PPs for themselves.

EVERY time we start getting national attention we crap out and go on a losing streak.

This was on the Preds site, in the recap. A positive spin on the coming schedule:
Quote:
Plus, after playing the NHL’s top team in back-to-back games (Chicago has a league-high 55 points), the schedule takes a turn in the other direction. Five of Nashville’s next six games come against teams currently ranked in the bottom-10 of the NHL standings. St. Louis, Tuesday night’s opponent, has 39 points, including a 6-12-2 mark at home. Columbus, who the Preds visit on New Year’s Eve, has 35 points, with a 1-7-2 mark in its last 10 games. The Preds then open a four-game home stand to kick off 2010 featuring Carolina (a league-low 25 points) and two games vs. Anaheim (37 points). In fact, over the next 14 games, the Preds only play five against teams currently in a playoff seed.

Further, based on current league standings, the Preds may have already survived the toughest part of their schedule. After tonight’s games, eight teams in the league have 50-or-more points; the Preds have already played 13 games against those eight teams, with just nine more match-ups remaining on the schedule. Conversely, the Preds have played just 10 games against teams currently ranked in the bottom 10 of the league standings, with 16 more contests left – including those five important games in the next two weeks.

With a solid effort over the next two weeks the Preds can return to the task of distancing themselves from the playoff cut line and make this weekend’s results look like a minor blip over the course of the 82-game haul.
--Jay Levin, NashvillePredators.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerAmonteSeabrook View Post
Nice weekend, guys. I am impressed with your guys and thought we were fortunate to take both games. You will be in the playoff race for the rest of the season.

Good luck the rest of the season. I know we're done with playing you this season (I know, I can't believe it when it's not even the new year yet), but maybe we'll meet again in the playoffs.
(I think you're just being nice with the first part)...It is weird we are done with the Hawks, usually we end up playing each other at least once or twice in April or late March. On the other hand, we haven't even played Phoenix once yet.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote