View Single Post
Old
12-28-2009, 06:34 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Whatever, I think it's a very legitimate question and deserves its own thread on here because I think the Flyers are banking on him stepping up and becoming a cost-effective shutdown guy.

Right now, it's very hard to say. He has monster games like the couple he had with Kimmo a while ago, but at the same time, our 3rd pairing (where he's been for a lot of the year) has been a pretty big liability and while obviously that's not completely on him, it's definitely a worry.

The fact that he can't stay healthy it seems is another big black mark against him, you need these guys to play their 75-80 games per season and he simply hasn't gotten that done in 08-09 and 09-10.

The raw ability is most definitely there and he's shown flashes of it, but as things currently stand, it'd be foolhardy for the Flyers to pencil him in for the top-4 in 10/11. He needs to come back and have a strong last half of the season.
If he was healthy I'd have no problem with him playing in the top 4.

I've done the numbers already. If we're planning on re-signing Emery this summer our defense is going to have to get a good looking at.

Pronger (4.92) - ???
Timonen (6.33) - ???
Bartulis (0.60) - ???

Those three spots are for Carle (3.44), Coburn (RFA), and Parent (RFA).

Coburn is at 1.30m and will want a raise though his current play may be keeping his price down.
Parent is at 0.86m and may be keeping his price down due to injuries as well as a lack of offensive abilities.

Either one of Carle, Coburn, or Parent could get us assets in the way of picks and prospects which, quite frankly, we could use.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote