Thread: Ryan Parent
View Single Post
Old
12-28-2009, 07:40 PM
CantSeeColors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
It matters because I mentioned on the trade forum that the Flyers have an excess of top 4 defenseman. I said one might be traded. He then ranted about how I overrate the players on the roster, but he was particularly angry about how I considered Parent one of those 5.

An argument followed based on the understanding that if Coburn or Carle were traded in the offseason Parent could used on the Flyers as a top 4 defenseman.

He, outraged, hijacked a thread about the Devils looking for top 4 defenseman. I told him to go argue it on the Flyers board if he was going to argue it somewhere since he was already doing in so in a thread on this board.

Instead he created a new one here and one on the main board.

He did this all to prove that I was overrating Parent when I said he could be a top 4 defenseman if Coburn or Carle was traded.
Oh I've noticed his diatribes. My point is that none of the current top 4 are likely to go anywhere before the end of the season, so RIGHT NOW, all Parent needs to be is a good #5. By the time he needs to step into the top 4 on a regular basis, he should have another ~40 games under his belt. At this stage in his career, that's a lot of time and a lot of things are likely to change between now and then, so what he is now isn't all that useful in determining whether Parent is going to be a good #4 by the time he actually needs to be. NWO seems to dislike the kid a lot, but in reality it's pretty premature to form conclusions about a player with so much learning to do. As long as he can play a competent third pairing role - which he's done a good job with in my mind - people need to just sit back and see what happens.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote