View Single Post
Old
12-29-2004, 06:18 PM
DeleteThisAccount

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
As much as I like Roenick, I think they should buy him out when they have the opportunity. It's time to part with JR, JL, TA, Donnie Brash, and Todd Fedoruk. I say let the kids play as much as possible. Giving guys like Richards, Carter, Ruzicka, and Umberger as much time as possible without fear of being bumped. Let them learn the game at the pro-level. I mean, it isn't going to hurt us any. It's not as if we won anything with the vets anyways. And we still have lots of vets available from a leadership stand point.
Sometimes just forcing the youngins into pro play will hurt their career more than help it. Before ditching everybody in the organization, I'd say let them develop more in the system a little. I agree that Johnny and Tony probably need to go. Brashear hasn't been enforcing enough, so he's a bit of a waste, too. Fedoruk would be better if he learned how to play hockey along with getting his face crunched every other month. Even with a youth movement, I think JR is important as a character guy and is someone who can offer advice to the young guys. He is one of those all-star type people, you know.