View Single Post
Old
12-29-2009, 10:59 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeGuy View Post
Pietro looked awesome last night. You guys are blessed with a plethora of good young D-man! When you see how confident with the puck he is, it amazes me that he hasn't played more games for you guys this year. Someone enlighten me, is this a contract issue?
He's played 9 games and one more commits him for a full year against his player rights.

His play has been up and down, but I felt he was definitely contributing offensively when he was in there. Physically and positionally, the defensive side of his game needs a lot of work, but he's far beyond where he was last season. Myself, I thought he was good enough to be playing, but the Blues have a lot of guys on D and seems the front office isn't quite sold on him yet.

The ideal place for him would be the AHL, but his age won't allow it (would have to go to the OHL for one more season, and on a struggling team) so there hasn't been a good option for where to send him.

Looks most likely he'll be traded to a strong OHL team and end up back there after the WJC.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote