Thread: JVR's Struggles
View Single Post
Old
12-29-2009, 12:45 PM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Does anyone else think that it might be a good idea to send him down for a little while? He's hit a massive rough patch with just one goal and one assist in his last 19 games. His ice time has been on a continuing downslide from 15-16 minutes to 10-11 minutes. The job he is doing on the 3rd line isn't helping him develop as a player, and that spot could be taken by someone else (Mika, Lappy). Right now the Phantoms are struggling with scoring as Chris noted with his recent article, and if JVR could get his confidence and scoring touch back in the AHL, he hopefully could come back to the NHL and show some of the offensive ability he had in the beginning of the season. Sort of the same thing as Giroux last year, but doing it mid-season instead of having him start off the season in the AHL. There are a whole lot of things that point to this being a good idea if you ask me. Thoughts?
I made this same thread like 8ish games ago and kinda got killed. I agree with you. He's very up and down, definitely seems to have hit a wall. He could certainly be worse though. He's not a liability, he just isn't being his creative self.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote