Thread: Line Combos: Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
View Single Post
Old
12-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Ginu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I don't know why Martin loves the Pacioretty - Metro - Moen line but I hate it!!!
Based on what? Some nights it's been our best line. The other nights, these 3 guys have been far from the worst people on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Based on what we saw this season so far. I see a progression in MaxPac play and i have no doubt Metro helps him lot. Lapierre has been struggling so far this season, he's not the center that will help MaxPac.

One more reason, when Gionta was injured, Pacioretty played with Metro and Gomez on the powerplay.

I rather see a veteran like Metropolit who is very intelligent on the ice and have some offensive skill to play with Sergei and MaxPac and help them.
I agree. I like Metro with Patches for this exact reason. I don't trust Lapierre with Patches. Patches has nobody to learn from on that line. Keep Lapierre on the 4th the way he's playing with Bergeron and Moen. Let him prove he deserves to be pushed up.

On another note, I was really impressed with the Gomez, Gionta, Pouliot line last night. If Pouliot keeps up what he did last night, he'll be an ace. I can't choose two better players on this team than Gomez and Gionta to teach him how to play. I thought to myself during the game that if this is who we got for Latendresse, where the hell has Pouliot's play been? I wouldn't have traded him for Latendresse even for a second after seeing Pouliot play last night and what he has to offer. His ceiling is so much higher than Guillaume's. The fact that he's a 4th overall pick is exciting based on potential alone after seeing him yesterday.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote