View Single Post
Old
09-23-2003, 11:15 AM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
What about that goal against Hasek?

Who would be feeding Legwand these great passes for the one-timers, must be Walker, surely you don't think AJ is a good passer?

How many times do any centers get to one-time a puck? How many times do they need a slapshot? I bet Modano doesn't one-time many pucks either, that's more of the nature of that position than it is a description of Legwand's talents.

I don't think Legwand will be a great goal scorer but he is a wonderful playmaker, you don't really think Walker or AJ create those goals on their own do you?
Sure, I think Walker and AJ are perfectly capable of creating goals on their own. AJ has the most creative goal in Predators history with the spin around one defenseman, deke another, and backhand the goal. Walker probably has the 2nd most creative goal in Predator's history with the 360 degree spin on the defenseman for the goal. Both Walker and AJ are decent enough passers. You act like they are garbage without Legwand. I disagree. Like Legwand, I don't consider them to be "great" talents, but they are "good." AJ has a great shot (best on the team right now). He doesn't get knocked off them puck easily. His skating is good and his passing is decent. Walker is more of the net crasher, but his shot is decent (especially his slap shot). His passing is really underrated. He can control the play along the boards.

Center's can't take one-timers? Well don't tell that Joe Sakic or Mike Modano....their goals would likely go down 30%+.

I've said what I've got to say. If you disagree that's fine. I just see Legwand producing in the Radek Bonk, Brendan Morrison range for most of his career (not that that's a bad thing, but it's less that what some are expecting). When he reaches the Mike Modano level, you can call me on it, and I will give you my apologies. And I will be glad that Predator players are succeeding.