View Single Post
Old
12-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post

A cheap (salary & cheap to acquire) wiger who can potentially turn into a winger who can consistently produce with Malkin & Sid on a nightly basis.
They could potentially lose in the first round because of this trade with his inexperience. What was wrong with Kopitar, Brown, Smyth, Frolov and so on. I know they are not Malkin or Crosby, but in the end all those players can't make him a scoring machine, it is up too him to make his own stats & stardom.

I just don't think a playoff push is time for experiments. Can you prove he will score on Malkin's & Crosby's wing consistently, is there anything other than his personal bodily stats of his size and right handed shot that will confirm this?

Cheap salary & cheap to acquire is not all that is needed, they need experience and production on the wing for the playoffs and he has neither. At that point they could just bring up Caputi, Cheaper and costs them no assets.

You have too clear a roster spot for him by waiver or trade and to send him down if he doesn't work out he'll have to go on waivers to bring in his replacement. ...So who goes for him to fit in under the roster requirements and does he make it through waivers if he doesn't work out to go down to WBS?

If its not a high percentage sure thing, why would he go for and experiment project at this point in the season? Either way he will cost a roster player that has been doing better than him unless Max is waived or traded away. Unlikely.

At the moment, Ted is a third liner, I think thats covered.

Bourque was there experiment this year, hes gone now and they still have to carry 194,000 on the cap for it. It maybe cheap to get him but he could cost them way more if he doesn't work out. Not as cheap as you think it is.

This is an off season trade.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote