View Single Post
Old
12-29-2009, 11:04 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by There's only one 66 View Post
Not saying I'm clamouring for Poni, but he is at the high end of what we can expect, and its almost impossible to get a guy like him for next season in terms of the cap.
If you want a shooter who scores more goals than Poni, then he will be expensive, because Poni is now legitimately a big bodied 50-60 points player who gets 20+ goals a season and plays good D and provides net presence.

He is pretty much what Malone was when on Malkin's wing, same size almost to the pound, and if that package isn't something we need over a guy like Dupuis on the top6, then I don't know...
There is virtually no grit in Ponikarovsky's game, though. Has he even played in ANY NHL playoff contests? Yeah he's huge, but to compare him to Malone is just wrong. Michael Rupp is a lot closer to Malone than Ponikarovsky ever will be.

If we're moving significant assets, and with Brian Burke, you KNOW we would have to, I want something we absolutely need...not just another upgrade of what we already have. Because as good as he is, we don't even know if Ponikarovsky is better than Fedotenko when push comes to shove in the spring.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote