View Single Post
Old
12-30-2009, 12:49 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Your forwards are perfect. THat's exactly how I'll do it.

O'Byrne is not giving me any confidence whatsoever that even with Markov, he's to be trusted for a whole lot of minutes. Gorges has to be in my top 4. I'd have Spacek (even though he's dissapointing me a lot) with Markov hoping he'd feed from him. Hammer with Gorges, Gill and O'Byrne or Mara. I'd sit O'Byrne real soon though. Time to give the kid some time to breath.
O'Byrne is not giving me any confidence, at all. But he's going to play the least minutes, with Gill (I hope) of any defenseman we have.

O'Byrne's problems can be covered up most by Markov OR Hamrlik, however, I like the Hamrlik/Spacek pairing more than the Markov/Spacek pairing.

There is 120 minutes to chew up by defenseman. In a non-penalty world, ideally, I'd want Markov & Hamrlik around 25 minutes per game (total - 50). I'd want Spacek and Gorges to chew up another 20 each (total: 90). This leaves 15 minutes each for Gill and O'Byrne (total: 120). Of course, that's going to adjust accordingly to penalties, but I never want to see Gill OR O'Byrne over 18 minutes unless we run into more injury problems. You can also knock off a few minutes from wherever for Bergeron when he's on the PP.

I prefer Mara to both Gill and O'Byrne. Gill is a great PKer, but he's useless elsewhere. Mara can man the point on the PP if absolutely needed, he's a decent PKer, and is somewhat more mobile at ES, however, due to Mara being an UFA and the other two being here in the future (especially O'Byrne), I see the minutes going to them.

I also think that O'Byrne is getting poor treatment on the ice being paired with Bergeron. He's not great, mind you, but pairing him with Bergeron is probably forcing him to make decisions quicker, which he really isn't ready for.

By the way, I want to put Gorges with Markov - but I'm more scared of an O'Byrne/Gill or Gill/Mara or Mara/O'Byrne pairing than having a solid defenseman like Gorges take one of them and Markov take the other.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote