Thread: Brian Boyle
View Single Post
Old
12-30-2004, 11:16 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
it's ntoa bout instant gratification, it's about comparing boyle with those who were drafted behind him and noting whether or not he has come out as strongly as kings management originally hoped for. in both those cases, boyle has been weaker then many, if not most, of those who were drafted behind him and his progress in point production has been from little to a little more.

yes, he's a long term project, but is he showing signs of blooming in the future, although yes, he's improving, i'd have to say so far i don't think so. you can twist and turn and give excuses for his 8 points all you want, but the fact is, he's has yet to prove he can be a successful player who can play against people near his own size. kings management took a gamble with him when they picked a high school player, but i am positive they did not think his production would be so low. not to mention his reviews from boston fans weren't exactly positive. so would he be drafted int hje same position had we had the draft again, absolutely not. long term or what not, he has to show SOME sort of potential on the scoresheet, especially since hes' playin against NCAA.