View Single Post
Old
12-31-2009, 06:54 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
Way too much turnover the last few years, and this offseason should be no different.

We are closing in on a very young team and another year or two of losing.

2012 should be the target year where this organization becomes a legit threat.

We are in a soft rebuild right now, but on the verge of a full-blown rebuild.

I personally dont mind.
Agreed. RangerBoy posted an interesting comparison in the WJC thread...imagine if Stepan and Kreider become the equivalent of Doug Weight and Tony Amonte...that's two 1st line forwards for a decade. Add that to a top nine of Gaborik, Dubinsky, Callahan and Anisimov...and hopefully Grachev. On D you have Staal, MDZ, most likely McDonagh and probably one of Gilroy or Sanguinetti. That looks like the equivalent of a rebuild to me.

The problem to me is the cap-choking contracts handed to talent not worthy of that kind of money. Two players on this team deserve elite money - Henke and Gaborik. Stop giving elite money to mediocre talent. No more three year deals to the likes of Kotalik. Do not give Girardi the money he's going to ask for this off-season. (We'll just understand the contracts of the big three are dreadful and move from there.) Players like Byers and Wiese would be just as effective as 4th liners as the more expensive Voros and Brashear.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote