View Single Post
Old
09-23-2003, 12:23 PM
Digger12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Oilfan
thanks for the welcome. it is a great board.

I see your point. but when it all comes down to it, players just want to play hockey.

I think it really bothers a player not to be at camp with the guys as Smyth said in the article.

you've got management and agents saying things in the media and things are always taken out of context and used for 'good' journalism.

agents are too much like lawyers today - Winter probably told Comrie not to say anything, then because of his silence, he's perceived as indifferent.
Oh yeah, welcome from me too. Some ground rules:

Rule #1: I am always right.

Rule #2: (see Rule #1 for clarification)

Now with that unpleasantness out of the way, on to business...

I agree with what you're saying for the most part, but one pressure that might be weighing on Comrie too is that Big Bad NHLPA. You can be sure Comrie's been given some subtle hints that contracts like his and Havlat's could set the table for future young guys just finishing their rookie deals. As much as he wants to play, unions are hard to ignore.

Of course this is all speculation, but since both sides are refusing to shed any illumination on the issue other than vague platitudes, speculation and "I heard a rumour that..." or "Team 1260 said..." is all we have to work with. I just hope all the drama wraps up sooner than later. This could be the last season of Oiler hockey for a long time (maybe forever??), and I don't want it screwed up by anyone.