View Single Post
Old
12-31-2009, 01:37 PM
DevFan-RU-

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I don't care what they said, there's no way the Devils should be in HD on MSG Network over the Rangers, especially if the Rangers are home. There should also, IMO, never be a time where the Knicks OR Rangers are not broadcast in HD when they're playing at Madison Square Garden. You have two MSG channels, the teams that play at MSG should get priority to those.

I don't know if it's the case, but seems to me like Cablevision just trying to keep the Devils happy so he can continue to broadcast them, and so he just pushes the Rangers off of the HD Channel since he has nothing to lose with them. I guess they also figure they don't want two hockey games in HD and the Knicks on the non-HD channel, so hence why the Rangers ended up on MSG-2.
Sorry friend. The Devils (and Islanders) contract with MSG guarantees them exposure on MSG+ (on HD) and MSG+2. Those two teams share that channel. The Rangers and Knicks are on MSG, and both teams there are also guaranteed exposure.

That's how the contract works, and that's why MSG has the right to show Devils and Islander games. Both teams signed on because they were both given a lot of money, and guarantees that they will be shown in HD and so on... The Devils didn't sign on to be a second fiddle to the Rangers on MSG networks.

DevFan-RU- is offline   Reply With Quote