Thread: Prospect Info: "All Things Peoria" thread...
View Single Post
Old
12-31-2009, 01:58 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oPlaiD View Post
With Weaver and Colaiacavo hitting free agency next season, doesn't that set things up perfectly?

EJ - Jackman
Pietrangelo - Brewer
Polak - Junland

or some such combination? We would still have Strachan as depth, or another Weaver/Sydor 1-year signing.
But the question is Junland a better option than Cola? I could see that question being answered soley with Carlo's salary demands. Junland has very good vision and a better shot than Carlo does but the passing is so hard to judge because of the speed difference between the AHL and NHL. Carlo is far more responsible defensively though and that is a big factor. He also already has NHL level strength and conditioning I won't say Junland necessarily will not by that time but it's an unknown.

That lineup is also very inexperienced and due for a whole lot of incosistency in their play. EJ would absolutely need to consistently play at a #1 d-man level for that lineup to even have a remote chance of being a competitive d unit. Pietrangelo and Junland are going to have plenty of ups and downs and likely at the same time which would cause the other four to be leaned on real heavily at times. I don't see the front office being keen on forcing a situation like that on a team that will certainly have the expectations of being a playoff caliber team next year.