View Single Post
Old
12-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHYS251 View Post
1. I think Moose is our #1 guy, at least for now. Normally stats don't tell the whole story, but in this case it's pretty damn obvious:

(Goalie, W-L, GAA, Svg.)
Hedberg: 9-6, 2.43, .921
Pavelec: 9-11, 3.52, .903

Just look at that. That's more than a goal a game against Pavelec. And having a 9-6-something record would be a lot better than the record we have now. Just look at the standings: everybody in the East except for Carolina has a reasonable chance of making the playoffs. We keep dropping games like we have been this month, we're in trouble.

Starting him once a week or so, to give Hedberg the occasional rest, is fine. Starting him every other game isn't.

2. There's a chance that the Thrashers are gonna have to go through the whole breed-a-goaltender process all over again. Hedberg isn't getting any younger--he's 36--,Pavelec we already know about, and Lehtonen is a crapshoot. Anybody up-and-coming in case of a long-term worst-case-scenario?
the goaltending cupboard has a few guys that might make ok backups but not really any starters. if pavelec doesn't work out our best case would be to trade for a strong prospect or younger goalie from a team with depth. i'd really like to see what happens if lehtonen ever comes back, he just might be worth keeping if this is his last injury, pavelec can still be a starter but i'm back to not having a whole lot of hope for him. i really just want to see if hedberg can hold it together for the rest of the season and then go from there