Thread: Dan Girardi...
View Single Post
Old
01-01-2010, 08:00 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
On a good team, he's a bottom-pairing D-man. As FlyLine stated earlier, aside from the quarter-season spurt a few seasons ago, I've seen nothing else that says he's anything more than that. And, you cannot give him $3 million per on a multi-year deal. He routinely gets beat to the outside, he's almost as bad as Rozsival handling the puck, and he makes at least one "WTF pass" a game. As much as Rozsival has his faults, and is severely overpaid, on his best days, he's a better D-man than Girardi can hope to be.

Well that's the thing jas I don't really think Rozsival is better--best days or not. The real problem we have on d stems from our two top earners who are not nearly good enough to justify what they're making. Because we don't have enough cap space we're going with 4 young d with various levels of experience. Those two top earners look very ordinary within the group. They don't stand out well at all. Is Girardi woth $3 mil?--not really but that wouldn't be nearly as bad a contract as what Rozsival and Redden are making. For one it's moveable. Rozsival's will be hard to move and Redden's is impossible to move without taking something really toxic back.

If I were to slot Girardi--he's a legit 4-5 guy on most teams. On a real contender he's a 5-6. On the Rangers he asked to do more than he probably should but again I look at Redden who has almost no offense these days and almost never plays physically and Rozsival who also plays shy at times and has definitely regressed since he signed his big contract as the bigger problem.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote