View Single Post
Old
09-23-2003, 12:52 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316

That's how we can view this here...peca may be more skilled, but hey, in the end, darcy is the one producing when it counts. And he really even shouldnt be..that makes it all the more better.

Yeah, in the end Tucker "produced" to the tune of 10 goals, 34 points, and -7 in close to 80 games. That is the performance of a marignal third liner, not some kind of high level two-way player.

Peca played 10 games less than Tucker last year, and was coming back from major surgery. However, he still had more goals, more points, and better plus/minus during that period (despite playing fewer games on a weaker team). So, don't even try to claim that Tucker "produces" more because that is simply not the case.

So, to compare the two players answer me this:

Has Tucker ever won a major NHL trophy?
Has Tucker ever played for Team Canada in the Olympics?
Has Tucker ever captained a team to the finals?

And, to answer the reverse: Has Peca ever had a season of minus 30 or worse? Has Peca been a consistent minus player over the course of his career? Has Peca ever been traded for other marginal players?

Like I said, the only think that Tucker does better than Peca is cheap shot attempts to injure, and that is nothing to brag about.

You can "rant" all you want. That doens't make Tucker any better a player. He is a marginal third line guy. And that is it.