View Single Post
Old
01-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Alistar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
He'd be neglecting his responsibilities as GM by needlessly antagonizing a potential future trading partner.

Why do you even want him as a 6/7? You're a big Woywitka fan. I'm guessing Nieuwendyk isn't going to bail so quickly either on one of "his" signings, as bad as it was.

I also disagree that Gillis didn't want Lukowich -- he wanted him, just originally for the stretch run and the playoffs.
I want him because Lukowich would come at a bargain price of just over 400,000 for an experianced and solid 3rd pairing defenceman that would make the team better. It's pretty much a no-brainer when you look at the cost involved in my opinion. Woywitka can sit in the AHL for the rest of the season until we need him next year to play the 7th D-man roll again.

I'll defend Woywitka too. I think it's kind of funny that you bash him when at the same time I know you're aware of Behind the Net and probably how favorably Woywitka compares to some of our other defenceman in certain areas. He was brought in to play limited depth minutes when a regular was hurt or needed some time off to get their **** togater, and he's done his job - in fact he's played better defense then he did last year in St. Louis, where he was one of their top defensive defenceman. a 1.83 GA / 60 TOI at ES is very solid, and 2nd on the team I might add for a defenceman behind Mark Fistric.

Last edited by Alistar: 01-01-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote