Old
12-31-2004, 03:03 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurcorerock
What?

Their fanbase is big when they make it to the playoffs. Otherwise, thats a pretty cruel joke. I will never respect a team that is seamlessly tied to a marketing campaign from a major motion picture released by Disney. I can only hope and pray to god that they don't make connections between Crosby and the character Charlie Conway from the movie.

As for Columbus, it's the best city in Ohio. They have their own niche as a hockey city despite being dominated by Buckeye Football. All they need is an over-the-top prospect to really put them on the map. They have one of the best arenas in all of pro sports and within a few years they will be contenders. I can see Crosby as a Jacket and I can see him being the cornerstone of the franchise much like Nash has become. That "maybe" should be more of a Yes if you ask me.

I think it's left to be said that Crosby would be best suited in a large media hub. Boston, New York, LA come to mind. Gretzky led the US media hype once he made it into LA
Anaheim is a very good fanbase. It includes alot of the SoCal area. It just needs something to jump-start it, like Crosby. Way back in 97, when the Ducks were good, they had good turnouts. Then they fired Wilson, and everything went downhill from there.