View Single Post
Old
01-02-2010, 10:50 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv4socr20 View Post
Read the entire post in its entirity before you begin to tear it to shreads.....
Anyone who is a diehard fan of any team knows that their everyday life and mood is effected by their respective team's performance. As all die hard blueshirt fans are aware of our lives suck right no. Our GM is dragging our team back to the future, we are wasting young talent(although we have an overaverage group of budding players backed by Lundqvist in his prime, dragged down by horrendous veteran leadership, contracts, and accountability in our front office. We as the fans have a voice, and especially in New York it will be heard. I propose that if in 18 days on January 19th, against the Tampa Bay Lightning on versus(pretty much national tv) as a collective fanbase we do not go to the game. That would be a bigger statement to
Dolan than any media source. We are the revenue, we are what allow the franchise to exist. If the blood stops pumping the body wont work. For one day lets cut the flow of money to Dolan and leave the organization with a little temporary brain damage. I think it is a legitamite statement and a right as fans that we should contemplate making. If this can't get enough attention in 2 weeks than lets pick the Rangers vs. Penguins game on January the 25th on versus. I refuse to watch this mess be covered up, when everyone and their mother knows the issues this team has. Let's take action Rangers Faithful because if Sather or Dolan are not smart enough to figure out what is wrong themselves we can sure as hell let them know.
What young talent has sather and the organization wasted?? Because I think this organization has handled the development of their prospects very well since when we had Lundmark and Maholtra. No one has ever been rushed in their development and we've obviously given the young talent opportunities as now our defense consists of 4 out of the 6 being homegrown/young.

I know people are angry with sather for the contracts. I understand that. But it hasnt all been bad. The team has made the playoffs every year since the lockout and granted I am not one who is satisfied with just that, making it and losing in the 1st or 2nd rounds, but at least we've had a competitive team to watch. And in a couple of those years we came close, (Buffalo series 2nd round 06-07?, and last year vs the caps 08-09). So we have a bad year. I'm not going to boycott the team and not go to any games or not support the team. Thats ridiculous. I'm sorry it is. As Fitzy said, you stick with the team through the good and the bad. There are players on that team that we'll keep me watching aka gaborik, mdz, staal, dubinsky, cally, lundqvist, etc.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote