Old
01-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post

exactly.

You'd expect someone who has sat so much to come out busting tail to get to every puck and man in his coverage situation. Slater may not be worthy of his first round pick, but he can never be faulted for lack of hustle. Sally Mae stood around on both the second and third goals and I believe he got to watch from the bench instead of the ice the rest of the night.

And probably why he wasn't on his country's list of Olympic invitees. There aren't many Finnish defensemen in the NHL, after their top 4.

Kubina's ugly give away cost us the most tho. It seemed like a punch to the nuts on the boys and the momentum shifted from that point and our defense started backing up again from that point on.
x2.

I actually thought he deserved more playing time over Boris when he came off the IR. But he was caught just watching those 2 goals go in. Boris may take some dumb penalties but he throws his weight around which is what we need a little more of.

Anssi will probably be watching tonight. Let's just hope the rest of the team doesn't join him.

And I definitely want Slater to stay in the lineup. His hustle created so many chances last night and he makes a big spark on that line.