View Single Post
Old
01-02-2010, 04:15 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Eklund has the main teams as Chicago, Los Angeles, Vancouver, and Philadelphia. And he goes as far as to say Toews from Chicago???

If that was on the table Atlanta would say thanks and here you go because your guy is all around better, younger and already signed to a cheaper contract!

Right off the top scratch Chicago off because they don't have the space and players named Kane, Toews, Keith and Hossa won't be involved.

He then says Frolov and Carter. What drop off in players from Toews to Frolov?

Carter would be a building piece in a Philly trade, but they would need to add another top tier forward or Dman to get Kovalchuk. If I am Waddell I say I want Carter, Giroux or JVR and 1st rounder.

LA, they have all the pieces in a trade but you better substitute Frolov with a name like Brown and then start adding some of those D prospects to the deal as well.

He then goes on to add the following teams; Edmonton, Boston, Toronto, the Islanders, and Montreal.

Edmonton would have to offer some good players like Hemsky and another roster player, top prospect and 1st rounder.

Boston, bye bye Lucic and maybe add Krejci too along with a 1st round pick, and Waddell should ask for Toronto's pick as they could end up with a lottery pick.

Toronto. They have nothing to offer unless they are sending Kessel and they can't as they have given up way too much to get him, and they have no 1st rounders till 2012 to give.

Montreal. We would have to offer a lot in prospects, as current roster players don't have a lot of carrying weight in trade. Pleks is good, but is a UFA himself, Cammarelli/Gionta/Gomez all have high contracts and probably carry NTC. Markov is untouchable and they don't need our goalies. We would have to try to trade the brothers and give a lot of prospects like Subban and Leblanc, maybe a 1st too.

Montreal won't be in the race for Kovulchuk.

He is speculating, he has no fact or contact.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote