View Single Post
Old
01-02-2010, 08:03 PM
habspinner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieux View Post
Dude, the guy now has 46 points in 34 games and 2 periods, 24 of those goals, 2 away from the league leader even though he has missed 7 games.

He has averaged 46 goals over the last 5 seasons dating back to 2003-04. 46 FREAKIN GOALS A YEAR!

He's the 2nd best goal scorer in the world despite playing with crappy players.

Yes, he's worth 20 goal scorer Andrei and 10 goal scorer Sergei and Weber.
Yes, I agree he's worth those 3 players, but not 3 first round draft picks and Halak on top of it. You just can't trade away first rounders in the salary cap era. You need those young CHEAP guys to come through the ranks to cover your bottom couple of lines. You can't fill your roster anymore with all free agents. You need those rookie contracts. IF we were to trade away 3 first rounders, it would devastate our team salary cap wise for years to come. It basically means you don't draft in the 1st round until 2013?!?

I directly compared Kovalchuk to the leagues top goal scorer, I just don't think he has the "IT" factor that a guy like Crosby or Ovechkin has. Those guys are worth multiple first round picks and more. Remember Lindros and Gretzky were traded for 2 and 3 first rounds respectively, along with bits and pieces...lol Peter Forsberg

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote