Thread: Dream Team
View Single Post
Old
12-31-2004, 03:12 PM
kris
No JDru for TB - yet

vCash: 500
Dream Team

I have a little game I like to call....I'll think of a name. Hmm..Name Your Team.

You are the GM of an expansion team and for some strange reason you get to build your own team with ONE player off each NHL team (obviously not gonna happen, but let's say...). Keep in mind you don't really take the best player off each team, you want to well round your team into a winner, with a mix of everything, not making it an all star game. Let's name your teams.

Anaheim: There is no doubt I want Keith Carney. This guy is as solid as a rock back on the blueline and a stay at home D-man is exactly what I need.

Atlanta: I'm going with talent here, and a little bit of grit, taking Dany Heatley to be my first line winger.

Boston: I want Patrice Bergeron. This kid has done nothing but impress me, and is has a very bright future ahead of him. I have no problem having him on any one of my lines, PK, PP, or even strength.

Buffalo: I'm going a bit deep into prospect's, but I'll take Thomas Vanek, thank you very much.

Calgary: Tough choice here, wanted to take the obvious one, but I REALLY want Dion Phaneuf back on my blueline throwing his weight around. This kid reminds me so much of Sheldon Souray with even better upside. Stevens is good, but Souray is more of an overall comparison, especially if Souray starts throwing that frame of his around a little bit more.

Carolina: Erik Cole. He's the right amount of grit, skill, and defensive awareness to fill a perfect role on my team.

Chicago: Toss up between Babchuk and Ruutu, but Ruutu has an overall better upside, so I'll stick to my guns and snag another top center. I'm afraid of taking too many center's, but Ruutu is the clear choice here.
Colorado: Joe Sakic. Joe Sakic. Joe Sakic. No doubt, he's the perfect guy to provide leadership.

Columbus: Rostislav Klesla. I really think he will become a top pairing D-man and QB of the PP one day, and that day is coming soon.

Dallas: Was gonna take Steve Ott, but have that spot reserved for someone...so i'm going to take Stu Barnes. Good leadership, good PKer, and enough overall awareness to fit in perfect on this team's 4th line.
Detroit. Jiri Fischer. The thought of him paired with Dion Phaneuf is sick. Just sick.

Edmonton: The perfect team guy; Ryan Smyth.

Florida: Bouwmeester.Top pair D-man on this team, can skate like Paul Coffey and score like Bobby Orr.

Los Angeles: Sean Avery. This guy is the perfect pest, the guy everybody love's to hate.
Minnesota: Marian Gaborik. Goes great with the first line of Heatley and Sakic.

Nashville: Have to say, my favorite non-hab, Jordin Tootoo. A line with him and Avery, with Phaneuf and Fischer out there, man oh man, I'd be singing the McDonalds badabababa, I'm luvin it, every time I watch those 4 (with an addition coming soon.)

Montreal: I absolutely hate that I can't take Koivu (going to end up with wayy to many center's) but there is a prospect out there with amazing skill level and the potential to be a top line forward, and that player is Andrei Kotsitsyn. By the time he IS an NHLer I might learn how to spell his name. I swear, everytime I spell it I spell it a different way.

New Jersey: I have to take Martin Brodeur. He is too good to not take him.

New York Islanders: Came down to Blake or Scatchard, but I'm going to take Scatchard, one of the most underrated players in the league.

New York Rangers: Let's go with Fedor Tyutin. Solid young prospect.

Ottawa, hard to argue with the talent level of this team, but I'm going to take a MONSTER, Zdeno Chara.

Philadelphia: Branko Radovejovic. (Did I spell it right?) I was impressed with his play in the playoffs, and he get's a spot on my team.

Pheonix: Ladislav Nagy. The guy's got unbelievable talent. Liked the guy ever since he lit up the Q in my first year as a 'true' Moosehead fan.

San Jose: Scott Hannan. He just sticks out at me as a guy who's screaming 'PICK ME, PICK ME!!' Solid all around defenceman.

St. Louis: I'd take Tkachuk if it wasn't for his injuries, so I'll go with Marek Schwarz. I do need a goalie prospect, after all. The guy can do the splits with EASE!

Tampa Bay: John Grahme. The best back-up in the league, really completes my team
Toronto: Tie Domi. I've found that 5th guy!! Ahhhh.

Vancouver: Matt Cooke. Excellent at....everything!

Washington: I can't not take Alexander Ovechkin. He is NHL ready NOW.

The lines look like this:
Heatley / Sakic / Gaborik
Nagy / Bergeron / Ovechkin
Smyth / Ruutu / Cole
Tootoo / Avery / Domi

Kotsitsyn / Radovijovic / Vanek
Cooke / Barnes / Scatchard

Bouwmeester / Chara
Hannan / Carney
Fischer / Phaneuf
Klesla / Tyutin

Brodeur
Grahame
Schwarz

Not bad. Comments anyone? Let's see what ya have to say...